Sweet potatoes are amazing for us health freaks. They provide a great amount of complex carbs and can be used in so many ways in both sweet and savory dishes and are a very satiating form of carbs. Not to mention their great nutritional value! Also, this waffle’s combination of carbs and protein make it a great pre- or post- workout meal!
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 cup of Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb Baking Mix***
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
*** You can use other types of flour, but the nutrition facts are based on this flour. I HIGHLY recommend buying this flour, as it is very low carb and high protein.
- Bake sweet potato in microwave for about 4 minutes
- Remove the peel and mash with a fork
- Add all other ingredients and blend very well (You will probably want to use a mixer so its not lumpy)
- Pour batter into a waffle maker***
- Optional: Top with sliced strawberry, dark chocolate shavings, and a teaspoon of cashew butter
***Can also be made as pancakes if you do not have a waffle maker!
Nutritional Facts: (Does not include toppings)
Servings per recipe: 1 waffle
Total Calories: 289 / Total Fat: 4.5 g / Total Carbs: 33.4 g / Total Protein: 29.2 g